Monday, 10 September 2012

My New Roots

I have been following the blog My New Roots by Sarah Britton for a number of years now.
She has a fabulous collection of wonderfully tasty and healthy recipes.
Sarah is also full of fabulous facts!
I thought I would share with you some of my favourites.
It has been a bit hectic of late in my house, so I found myself with my first quiet weekend allowing some time in the kitchen. Wearing my CSI disposable gloves (best for rolling) I was ready!
First stop was replenishing the freezer with zip lock bags filled with delicious  Energy Orbs
These are a necessity in my house as they are such a yummy healthy snack on the go.
There are also numerous combinations of flavours.
I prefer medjool dates, almonds, walnuts and chia seeds (check your teeth after!).
 I sometimes add coconut, vanilla extract, orange zest, cacao, cinnamon and if you prefer not to have the sweetness of the dates, I use prunes...anyway you get the idea!
These don't actually freeze, so they are always ready for immediate munching AND my Sparklers love them...always a bonus!
Another favourite is
The RAW BROWNIE
.....life changing..really! Thank you Sarah X 
We love these and they are SO quick and easy..... just as a brownie should be!
Whilst I didn't make this on the weekend
( as much as I love Medjool dates there are only so many  you can pulse at once!)
I have previously and it is delicious..

And for dinner tonight.....
Butternut Pumpkin with Kale, Chia, Asparagus and Pomegranate Molasses.
Based on recipe here
images via My New Roots 
I would love your comments and please share your favourites!
Happy reading My New Roots
Jen X

No comments:

Post a Comment